Manage your prospects well
Most prospecting methods involve approaching a large number of targets and then filtering out prospects based on their response. It is important to capture, track and continue to work on prospects to ensure the best outcome in the long run.
However, to manage a large amount of customer data well, it is essential to:
- Develop or adopt a system to record prospect information
- Monitor the system to manage prospects through to closure
- Assess and improve the system to meet your changing needs
A well-designed system enables you to prioritise prospects based on their value and timeframes. It also ensures that the information is never misplaced or discarded.
At the prospect’s end, it means:
- They get the information they need in a timely manner.
- The sales person dealing with them follows up regularly.
- The details of their discussions with you are never lost.
- They continue to place more trust in the sales person because of the professional and reliable manner in which they are looked after.
Today, a number of Customer Relationship Management (C.R.M) applications enable all of the above and are a must-have for businesses wanting to manage their customer relationships really well.
Have an opinion, question or story? Click the link below to share it! We would love to hear from you.